"Looking For Amanda Kill" (Official Trailer) - student film

Gravesight (Student Movie)

My playlist.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Malice in Wonderland's Fan Box

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Peaceful Chaos

Snow drifts along the street and blankets the world in innocence.
If only for a moment; just a second’s worth of purity.
No footprints or tire tracks. No disruptions or distractions,
Only the tiny particles of peace falling gracefully to the ground.
What I would give to behold this dream for longer than a breath.
To taste the freedoms of life long enough to cherish.
Absorbing every priceless sound of absolute nothingness.
I can almost smell the possibilities as they tickle my nose with serenity.
But it all goes away so fast…

A horn screams in my face as a car drives by in haste.
The peace has been replaced with discomfort and disgrace.
Back to the rush of reality as daydreams die in tragedies.
Quick, take these moments of harmony and carve them into memories.
Before they evanesce…
Before there’s nothing left…
Before the filth of the world makes them something less.

Normality returns; back to chaos, back to stress.
Back to the smells of dirty streets lingering like regrets.
But at least I have my memories to escape now and again.
To make believe the world has more to offer than just distress.
Where all the answers fall in place and everything makes sense.
A world inside my head.
A shelter from catastrophe.
Protection from disaster when the truth becomes too staggering.
Though it’s only temporary, the relief feels like forever.
Reminders of a simple time, when everything seemed better.
Melted moment memories like snow, smiles, and history.
Fading into the background of all these battered streets.

So I wait again for silence and return to my routine.
Fall in line with the drones and hope to remain unseen.
The snow will fall again and tear me from my woes.
Or maybe the rain will come a wash away the throes.
Another moment will come.
Another opportunity presented.
I never know when or where,
But it’s always perfectly unexpected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sean,

I dig the mundane reality of this piece. Your imagery is vivid and ubiquitous in the first and second stanzas, namely in the first couple of lines of each. I like oxymoronic intent of the title. It suggests that the breaks/periods, oftentimes called caesuras in poetry that follow. As the bullshit routine continues, it flows into it. Alas, I long for a day without planners and petty existence. I want to sit around all day and pontificate and create.