"Looking For Amanda Kill" (Official Trailer) - student film

Gravesight (Student Movie)

My playlist.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Malice in Wonderland's Fan Box

Total Pageviews

Monday, July 12, 2010

Eulogies for the Damned

Another destiny cracks, breaks away like death in the night.
Slipping through the cracks, shadows of the sights.
a comfortable way to live, a silent way to die.
Beneath the moon, embracing stars, without the cries of a falling heart.
We all go silently.
We leave it all behind, like children at a grave.
Crucified by the memories of the dust of yesterday.
just be simple for me, cut me deep but gently.
Under fleeting suns, counting back from one, with no where to go but down.
Ignore these possible dreams, distractions from the truth.
Support your mediocrity, just abstractions of abuse.
brighten up the day with shades of black and gray.
Haunt me like a candle, burning ghosts like eulogies for the damned.
Sleep now in the flame. Say a prayer for the glamour.
The reaper sports a blade, but the devil swings a hammer.
So here's to the cuts and the crush all have come to dread.
Sobering like the sunlight and blinding like the soul.
Keep your dreams locked away to pay the boatman's toll.
What drives us in life will haunt us in death.
That which keeps us smiling wide births tears we'll never cry.
sacrifice nothing for the sake of the tomorrow.
We shall dream of passion, the fervor of living.
Dreams of shallow entities that deepen our suffering.
But who's to say no? Who's to say stop?
Some of us are trapped. Dreams are all we got.
I can't love myself the same if all I have is reality.
I'd fall apart, collapsing like a tower of incongruent components.
living like a suicide gone wrong.
Waiting for my song, a slow dance with fate, another chance to redeem.
I can't run away from the things that make me dream.
Take me in the heat of battle, or steal from my happiness.
slow like the world without a guillotine on which to rest our necks.
Fire up the pyre. Retire all desires.
Close my eyes to the perfection of my final breath.

But not yet, not ready for the end.
I still have so much to learn, so much to dream and chase.
I need the skies to bow for me, firmaments of obedience.
Just one genuine smile. One ounce of pride, pure and golden.
A drop of satisfaction before this ride is over.
drink up the bitterness today to spit up the sweetness tomorrow.
I will have my day of absolution, my day of retribution.
Trade my heart for the world, if the world was worth my time.
But it will never be. It's just me, breath, and memories.
And as I fight for my chance to breathe, so shall I dream.
so shall I be free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cat used to walk backwards when I lit a candle. I eschew light, preferring to traverse the shadows. They trail be, just as she did sometimes. I have learned from her.

Amy

Anonymous said...

My cat used to walk backwards when I lit a candle. I eschew light, preferring to traverse the shadows. They trail be, just as she did sometimes. I have learned from her.

Amy