"Looking For Amanda Kill" (Official Trailer) - student film

Gravesight (Student Movie)

My playlist.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Malice in Wonderland's Fan Box

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wasted Breath

Long before the memories of your face
were forgotten or replaced
Like the mascara tears that stain
and the open hearts you break
I took the blame
I crashed the gate
Into your life of drunken wounds
The shadow that was following you
My arms were your confessional
I fell in love with your truths
So vulnerable.
I protected you,
and I was holding on for dear life.

I guess we never know how dangerous a heart can be
Until it breaks and it's too late,
and chokes us with the memories.

We lost ourselves somewhere between
our wrinkled sheets and faded dreams
Like when you smile in your sleep
You're lying through your teeth
You wanted me to burn and bleed
to fix the glass of shattered years
Dripping like your pity tears
You hold me close but insincere
And stain my shirt with all your fears
I see it clear; there's trouble here
and I have to let go tonight.

I guess I should've know
When I started trusting you
With you lies, you compromised
All the love I felt for you.

I wasted breath on promises
to place you on that monument
A pedestal built with confidence
that cracked beneath your decadence
Your heartlessness, I suffered this
To pick you up off the ground
A pseudo princess with a crown
I'm stupid but I'm learning now
I helped you up to let me down
I'm breaking down; I hate the sound
And I have finally realized.

I guess I'll let you go
Leave you in the dust
With the fake, hearts that break
And forget what's left of us.

No comments: