"Looking For Amanda Kill" (Official Trailer) - student film

Gravesight (Student Movie)

My playlist.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Malice in Wonderland's Fan Box

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 5, 2010

Malice the Clown: Painted Tears Dry Fast

The crowd clears out on by one,
 through the doors and on with their life.
Some cradle their sleeping children
as they disappear into the night.
Others walk away without saying a word
as if too proud to say good-bye.
It may have been a joy to watch,
but this is still my life.

I remember when this all began.
You weren't afraid to fill these seats.
I even carried some of you home
on the nights you were too drunk to see.
All of those times I made you laugh,
and now you turn your back on me.
You judge me, you judge yourself.
You're all clowns just like me.

And you, the one with my son in your arms,
how do you walk with your chin so high?
You watched my curtain come crashing down.
Hope you're fucking satisfied.
Keep your undeserved sense of accomplishment.
Your perfection is now compromised.
Add a red nose to those painted tears
and complete that ugly disguise.

And all of you jokers sneaking out the back,
why are you leaving so soon?
You loved the make-up I wore for you.
I guess family was just your costume.
Where were you when I was crying loud
on the verge of my disaster.
I had to pick myself up off the ground
and drown my own tears in laughter.

Just a performer, centerstage.
A clown's tears never reflect the light.
A lonely mother remains through the pain
as her son cries in the spotlight.
So, I stand, finally take a bow.
I want to thank you all for coming.
I love you Mom. You never left.
The rest of you bitches, start running.

No comments: